Zach Carter for ASUC Senate
HI! My name is Zach Carter and I’m a sophomore from Encinitas, California studying Political Science and Public Policy. I’ve served as the Director of Housing and Urban Affairs for ASUC Senator Alexander Wilfert this year, and also am current director of the AAVP Greek Opportunity Fund. In the past, I have served as an intern for City of Berkeley Councilmember Kriss Worthington, where I was his appointee to the Landmarks Preservation commission. I’m also actively involved in the CalGreeks community, and am the Sexual Violence Prevention Chair of my fraternity, Alpha Tau Omega.
I. Sexual Violence Prevention & Proactive Programming
- Working with and empowering IFC and PHC to create new, survivor-centric policies that embolden the narrative of anonymous survivor accounts while alleviating downward social pressures.
- Starting a pilot program through the LEAD center that requires the 5 largest actively recruiting Registered Student Orgs (RSO’s) to have one workshop per semester on sexual violence/sexual health (SVSH) prevention.
- Hosting an annual SVSH resource fair on Lower Sproul that would serve as a “Calapalooza” for groups addressing SVSH or providing educational outreach.
- Removing downward social pressures placed upon victims of sexual violence/sexual assault in City of Berkeley legislations such as those within the Group Living Arrangement (GLA) bill.
II. Disabled Students Program (DSP) Support and Development
- Reforming the SCARAB portal utilized by DSP students to obtain and request services and integrating it with Cal Central as a widget under Cal Central notifications to create a centralized notification system for all student communications.
- Having a dedicated Student Union space for DSP folx to gather and share community and physical space with one another.
III. Representing Student Housing Needs in Community and Local Affairs
- Continuing to advocate and amend the GLA bill to develop it into an equitable social contract
- Hosting, developing, and supporting a GLA tenants rights group dedicated to mobilizing in favor of student tenant concerns
- Holding roundtables with key GLA/property management groups to ensure property managers are communicating with residents.
Director of Housing and Urban Affairs--Office of ASUC Senator Alexander Wilfert
Director of the Greek Opportunity Fund--AAVP Grants Department
General Member--ASUC Sexual Violence Commission
Appointee, City of Berkeley Landmarks Commission--Councilmember Kriss Worthington
Intern--City of Berkeley Councilmember Kriss Worthington
Campaign Manager--Alexander Wilfert for ASUC Senate
UC Berkeley Panhellenic Council
Kriss Worthington, City of Berkeley District 7 Councilmember*
Warren Pugash, President* of Tau Kappa Epsilon
Katie Raya, President* of Kappa Kappa Gamma
Jackson Engels, President* of Kappa Alpha Order
Bonnie Sarchet, President* of Chi Omega
Kyle Turner, President* of Phi Kappa Psi
Jonathan Jayaprakarsh, President* of Interfraternity Council
Michael Greer, President of Alpha Tau Omega
*Titles for identification purposes only